Storyteller
Welcome to Storyteller

The Alchemist and the World of Dreams

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: The Alchemist and the World of Dreams

Post  Admin on July 23rd 2009, 7:21 am

Toren smiled that creepy smile and grunted as he helped Allen onto the wheelchair, his face going red with exertion. Of course, Allen rushed him throughout.

"Hurry, hurry! Didn't you say Mai was coming?" he hissed, biting back a yelp as he felt Toren begin to give under his weight. The man really was weak, like he himself probably was after months of not using any of his muscles. He was actually surprised Mai and Zamir were even able to walk so soon when it had taken him hours to regain feeling in his legs.

Ironic though it was that now he was unable to use them again because of his foolishness.

"I did say he was coming, though I said not when." Toren grumbled, dropping him unceremoniously onto the wheelchair.

This time Allen did give a small whimper, feeling a dull pain go through his legs at the jolt, "Ow!" he growled, and without thinking swatted Toren across the arm." He immediately regretted it when he saw the man stiffen.

"Do not pain me." Toren threatened softly, black eyes narrowing on gold, even as gold stared boldly back.

Allen's face twisted into a stubborn grimace, already feeling the time going by. Mai would be here soon. "Then don't pain me... My legs are broken! I have more reason to pain you than you do me regardless of whether you were my King or not. Hurry up though, you said you were hiding from your dutiful knight, if we stay here arguing then he's going to find us! Hurry!"

At that, Toren seemed to let it all go, though he rubbed softly at his arm before taking the handles to Allen's wheelchair, and quickly pushed them out the door.

"Where?" he asked flatly.

"Go down the hall and turn right." Allen instructed, and they were off. Allen never would have though the former sandking could go so fast when he could barely pick him up, but soon his hands held a white-knuckle grip on the handle bars as the corridor zoomed by, and he found himself yelling out and laughing as they turned the corner. No matter the nurses who saw them

"Turn left at that door!" he cried out. He could feel it behind them, the tension in his heart over being chased. And the anticipation from the dark eyed man pushing him, of furthering their hide and seek game which had now become 'catch-me-if-you-can'.

The wheels whirred and squealed at every turn until "There!" Allen cried, pointing at a brightly colored and patterned door. It had the image of a bear nurse and two other little bear cubs holding up one afflicted area or other. "That's the children's ward!" Allen informed Toren as the wheelchair slowed down, and with a smug smile, he folded his arms over his chest, "Nobody would ever think of looking for you there... as creepy as you are."

Allen only noticed the fact Toren was breathing heavily when the man leaned over his shoulder and cocked an eyebrow at him, "I suppose that is some sort of compliment from dear Sleeping Beauty." And with that he nodded to himself and wheeled them into the room.

No sooner had they entered when one of the children cried out, "Al!" and rushed over to them. It was a small dingy haired girl with a twisted crippled arm that looked more like a tree branch than an appendage to her body, but even then she happily threw himself at Allen when she saw the blond enter their ward. "Al! Where've you been!? You aint visited for near a whole year! We got to thinkin you'd forgotten all 'bout us!"

Allen immediately hugged the child, only flinching a little as she clumsily climbed onto his lap and then proceeded to pull at his ear in punishment. He laughed, head butting her playfully even as some more of the children crowded around him, all yelling out greetings and complaints.

Toren, however, didn't stay beside the blond and his new audience, his eyes caught by a small, bald headed child holding a Unicorn doll. He walked toward her, their eyes meeting and his own only on her as if they had shut everything else in the room out, and crouched beside her bed.

For a moment, neither of them moved, and then suddenly, Toren snapped his hands forward as if to throw something into her face, and from his palms, appeared a bundle of paper flowers.

"For you, oh gentle Prince."
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://storyteller.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* on July 23rd 2009, 8:32 pm

Alaya beamed at Toren, taking the bundle gratefully. She giggled softly, holding them close. "Why, thank you, young sir," she said, speaking like the prince from her fairytale book. "I shall be forever grateful for your act of kindness." She beamed. "These are pretty."

She made a pile of the paper flowers and put her unicorn in the center of it, so that its white face stuck out from all of the paper. She smiled. "I love them." Alaya leaned over and pecked Toren's cheek lightly, the kiss grateful. "Thank you, Boogyman."

She curled up in a small ball as she sat up in her bed. "Will you show me more magic?," she asked hopefully. "I would love to tell Lowell about it~!"

~~~~~

Zamir hauled the large, heavy box of stuffed animals down the hall. He hated that he was so pitifully weak. When he was younger, he could lift this and a lot more with ease. He was going to have to make some way of regaining his strength....

He had to stop in the middle of the hall to rest for a moment, his back screaming insistent protests. He was beginning to feel hungry again too. That was the most annoying thing about being awake. Zamir hated having to eat every few hours. It was a waste of time and effort, but he got shaky if he forgot and waited too long between meals.

He heaved a sigh and glared at the box, wondering if he could just kick it the rest of the way.

A hand brushed against his arm, and his head snapped up even as he unconsciously inched away from the contact. A nurse peered at him, her pretty green eyes wide with worry. "Are you alright, sir? Do you need some help?"

Zamir smiled at her, and he saw surprise flicker behind her eyes. "Oh, yes ma'am. I am fine. Just resting a bit. I don't need help, but thank you anyway."

Her face lit up, and she nodded. "You're welcome, sir. Just let me know if you need anything at all."

Zamir nodded, catching the emphasis she put on 'anything'. He scooped up the box and hurried down the hall, unwilling to continue the conversation with the woman. He had no interest in that.

He opened the door to the children's ward and stepped in, placing his box down on the floor. He looked up, then froze at the sight before him.

Not only was Toren inside, but he was playing with the kids!

Zamir stared with wide eyes, his face pale as Toren performed several magic tricks for little Alaya. She seemed overjoyed to have him there, and he seemed to be enjoying himself as well.

He glanced around, realizing that every single child was watching him, and not even one drop of fear was visible on their mystified faces.

Zamir had never been so happy to see Allen before. He grasped the boy's shoulder gently, his eyes locked on Toren. "Allen," he hissed quietly, his voice shaking, "what is he doing in here?!!"
*~MoE~*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on July 24th 2009, 12:05 am

Allen laughed from his place near the door as he watched the dark haired man's performance. In all his life, he never would have guessed that the former Sandking was good at entertaining children of all things, but there he was. He had gained the attention of all the children in the world, even the gloomy boy, Michael, who didn't like to talk to anyone. And what amused Allen to no extent was that they all called him the bogeyman.

Toren was in the middle of making a coin appear and disappear when Zamir gripped his shoulder, and he jumped in surprise. At the boy's question, his smile faded into a concerned frown.

"We were hiding from Mai and I said we should come here... He just started playing with them." His frown deepened as he saw the look on Zamir's face, "Should I not have brought him? He... I didn't think he would hurt them..."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* on July 24th 2009, 12:34 am

Several emotions flickered over Zamir's face, but they were gone as soon as they arrived, leaving absolutely no time to sort out which expression was what emotion. After a few moments, his face went utterly blank and he closed his eyes.

Of course the Hawk would only be interested in the Rabbit's terror and pain. How silly to think that he would be interested in the little butterflies fluttering about in the wind beside him.

"No, it's fine. He can go where ever he wants. I was about to leave anyway." He moved away from Allen and knelt by one little boy. He had to drag his attention away from Toren, but eventually the boy looked at him. "When the bogeyman gets done playing with you all, tell the others that didn't get a toy to pick their favorites from that box over there and keep them, okay?" The boy nodded, then his attention snapped back to Toren.

Zamir stood with a soft sigh, then he waved at Allen -throwing him a small, nervous smile- and hurried to the door, desperate to leave before Toren's attention wavered from the children.
*~MoE~*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on July 24th 2009, 1:25 am

Allen's frown only deepened further at Zamir's words, and then at the forced smile directed his way. He didn't like it. Why did it feel as if Zamir was moving farther and farther away from him?

"Wait!" he cried, hands moving to his wheels to turn his chair around facing the boy, and then reaching out to grasp at Zamir's shirt. "Why are you going?"

The shout caught Toren's attention, and he looked up curiously, his hands in the middle of making a ball of confetti burst in front of him. When his eyes landed on Zamir, he grinned and threw the ball towards the two boys. It exploded just seconds before hitting, busting in a shower of the sparkling stuff.

"Come watch the magic show, Zamir." he beckoned, that toothy smile making some of the kids laugh from its strangeness. They all thought he was making that face on purpose. "Let this stripped king show the true purpose of nightmares." but he laughed as if he was making a complete joke.

And out of his sleeve burst a snake, slithering around his wrist until moving towards one of the children. Said child gave out a fearful yell, eyes wide until it stopped right in front of his paralyzed face, and then swooped in to 'kiss' his nose.

"Don't be afraidsss of me, yea, I jusssst wantss to be friendss." Toren wasn't moving his lips, but the 'snake' was talking, its wooden joints moving smoothly as if it was the real thing until it had wound itself around the now giggling boy's arms and then hung limply there, no more than a toy.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* on July 24th 2009, 5:25 am

Zamir's hand had just touched against the door knob when Allen's outcry stopped him in his tracks. He winced, knowing that the boy was loud enough to catch Toren's attention.

He turned slightly toward Allen as the boy reached out, but missed grabbing his shirt. Instead of letting Allen's hand fall, Zamir reached out and took it, wrapping both his hands around it. He opened his mouth to answer him, but Toren's voice froze his vocal chords in the middle, and he snapped his mouth closed, his teeth coming together with an audible click.

His hands wrapped around Allen shook for the last part of Toren's words. Zamir looked over at the dark-haired man, his eyes dark. He remained silent for a long moment, then his hand stopped shaking, and his body became tense.

"Fine, I'll watch, but you send any snakes at me -toys or not, magic or reality- I will use it to strangle you." He twirled around and pushed Allen's wheel chair back over to where it had been before he moved, and he stood behind Allen for a moment before he draped himself over the back of the chair. He leaned his head down so that his cheek brushed against Allen's, then stared dully out at Toren, waiting for the show to begin once more.

He glanced at Allen and whispered, "Just so you know... it was not you that I was trying to escape." He looked pointedly at Toren, then bumped his head lightly against Allen's. "I didn't want you thinking that I was angry with you."
*~MoE~*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on July 24th 2009, 7:21 am

Toren cackled at the boy's response as if he found it extremely amusing. "Snow White is so nice and then so very cruel..." he turned to one of the girls beside him and leaned his face close to hers, "could it be her name implies what runs through her veins? But then who wouldn't be so cold after living with the evil Queen for so long?"

The girl seemed confused as to what he was saying, but laughed anyway, finding the way Toren spoke funny.

Allen, however, frowned despite Zamir's explanation. He leaned backward a little just as Zamir touched their cheeks together and sighed. Even still he could feel as if something had separated Zamir from him, perhaps the memories that had been erased, as Kalyan had explained to him. But still even without those memories, he would think...

"It's fine... Just... what did Toren do?" he asked hesitantly, turning his head towards the younger just a bit, "For you to be so angry with him... I thought that you and he..." But he wasnt able to finish his sentence for as soon as he finished looking for the words he mean to say, a white wall descended on them.

"Just what are you three doing in here!?" a large, middle aged nurse with light hair cried shrilly, hurrying towards Toren and herding the children back to their beds. "You are not allowed to be up and about, and you!" she whirled on the grinning man and snatched him up, surprisingly lifting him with one arm. "You racket maker! Stealing young Allen from his bed and running around the hospital halls only to come disturb these children!"

"Such a strong woman!" Toren giggled as he was hauled from the floor.

The nurse, however, wasn't fazed. She dragged the thin man away from the protesting children with one hand, the other moving to land heavily on Zamir's shoulder. "You and this delinquent stay out of this place, for now it's time for these children to take their nap Make sure this one doesn't make any trouble or I will have him banned from this facility." she commanded sternly, thrusting Toren out into the hall, where he stumbled and fell against the wall, giggling madly.

"Now it's time for me to take Allen back or his mother will surely worry." she sniffed, her small nose upturned, and wheeled a sheepish looking Allen back to his room.

Toren stayed sitting where he'd fallen and looked p at Zamir with a strange look on his face, "I wonder if Zamir is happy... that my plan to corrupt such innocent children was thwarted." he mused, the sarcasm not at all evident in his thoughtful tone.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* on July 24th 2009, 7:53 am

Zamir's eyes snapped up at Toren's words, his gaze dull. He glared at the him, despite Toren's obliviousness, and swallowing sharply. Was that his way of calling Zamir a cold bitch?

He started to say something to the man, offended -and perhaps even a bit hurt- but Allen's question ruined his train of thought. He looked at his friend, his body tensing a little more with each word that Allen spoke.

The arrival of the angry nurse once more scattered Zamir's thoughts, and he walked mechanically out of the room behind her. He glared at her retreating back as she took Allen away, annoyed. "Snooty, spoiled brat of a Queen," he spat at her. "Just because you're not having a good day doesn't mean you can talk to people like that. How rude."

When Toren's giggling stopped, Zamir looked at him in the same dull fashion. With his expression a mask of nothing, he listened to the other's voiced musings. He hid the flash of pain that the comment roused up within him by closing his eyes a moment and allowing his heart to soak in those words before he spoke.

"It is nice to hear that your opinion of me is so pitiful and petty that you would think that I would bring my personal feelings into their rare chance for fun."

He paused, looking away from Toren, afraid his mask would crack with him staring at him like that. "Those kids deserve every bit of happiness that they get, and more. Why would that make me happy, to know that they probably won't have a chance to laugh again today? I know I'm so much like Acelin that it is sickening, but that was a little uncalled for."

He had to keep his eyes closed to keep himself pieced together. He felt suddenly as though the hole he had felt not so long ago -the hole he first felt as unhappiness found him in the Dream World- was not only back in place, but also bigger than before. The wound throbbed in quiet agony.

"Stay out of trouble. I'm going back to Kalyan's house," he added as he started walking away, his voice as dull as his eyes had been.

Last edited by *~MoE~* on July 24th 2009, 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
*~MoE~*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on July 24th 2009, 8:17 am

Toren stood up, any trace of a smile or manic giggle gone from his face, and quickly followed Zamir. "You do not sicken me," he protested softly, his voice blunt and truthful, but turned sour as his face when he continued, "And you are nothing like that usurper. You, unlike he, did inherit my throne while he unjustly claimed it for his own twisted desires. Snow White will never be like that disgusting creature, though his tongue may be wicked." And at that he did give a humorous giggle, still following the long haired boy.

"I will come with you, then, to make your task of making sure I behave myself. Also to stay out of Yin Mai's reach. I do not want him to take away my sweets. Do you want one? " He snickered, already rifling within his pockets for another peppermint.

Once Toren had learned Mai's last name, or had been told by the holder, for he had already known as Sandking, he had not relented in using the man's full name. Perhaps that was another reason why Mai had begun confiscating his candy.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* on July 24th 2009, 8:44 am

When Toren followed after him, Zamir had to fight to keep from groaning miserably. Still, he listened to what the man had to say, but could find no desire to continue the conversation concerning how black his soul had become.

The offer of candy made Zamir recoil. Really, he was so child-like! "Your teeth are going to rot out of your skull, as many peppermints that you devour all the time. If you think you have experienced pain now, then just you wait until you start getting holes in them. They'll be sore and painful, but you won't be able to say that I didn't warn you."

"No, I do not want any," he said, just to make sure Toren got it. "And as for my so-called 'duty' of keeping you out of trouble.... You are not a puppy to be led around by its leash. You are not my responsibility, and that nurse is not the ruler of my life. For all I cared, you could've gone right back inside the children's ward, and I would not have said a thing to try to stop you."

Zamir didn't look back at him as he spoke, unsure of what expression lay on his own face. "I don't understand why you try so hard to be nice to me. You ask me to share the random things that make you happy, but I've done nothing but knock you down. How is it that you don't hate me?"
*~MoE~*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on July 26th 2009, 12:52 am

Toren blinked at the mention of getting holes in his teeth, and then rubbed at his cheek apprehensively but didn't stop moving the candy around in his mouth. He would have to be more careful in brushing his teeth, but there was no way he was going to stop enjoying his favorite sweets.

He watched Zamir's back walk in front of him as he himself shuffled right after him, not really paying attention to what the other was saying. His own thoughts were on the strange feeling in his stomach, like a vice tightening every time Zamir turned away from him. Idly, he reached forward and began twirling a strand of that coal black hair in his fingers, softly so that Zamir wouldn't be bothered by any unwelcome tugs.

His attention however snapped back to what the long haired boy was saying when Zamir asked why Toren didn't hate him. He pressed the lock of hair to his lips, sighing as he now felt the silky texture against them, and smelled the barest hint of mint. It was almost like his candy, only not so overbearingly sweet.

"It is difficult to feel such a strongly negative emotion when one is not used to feeling at all... or knows what one is feeling. Regardless. I could not feel hate towards you."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* on August 1st 2009, 6:47 am

Zamir sensed more than felt a small movement against his head. Startled, he stopped and turned partially -careful not to move too much least he tug out his hair- thinking that he had gotten it caught on something. The sight that he came face-to-face with wasn't what he expected at all.

The Brat Prince looked so fragile and gentle, standing there with Zamir's hair pressed so lovingly against his lips. Such a thing did not seem typical of someone that had 'dark' in their personalized title.... Stunned for a moment, he simply stood there and stared at him, his eyes wide with surprise.

It was the other man's words that had Zamir nodding in understanding. So it seemed that Toren did not hate him because his newly awakened mind could not handle the intensity of hate. Translation: He didn't because he couldn't. That made sense... he supposed.

"So you didn't feel anything -physical or emotional- at all when you were in the other world?," he asked, frowning. "That must have sucked. No wonder you're so happy all the time now days." He peered at the strand of his hair in Toren's hand. "You mind giving that back so we can keep going? I would love to get back as soon as possible...."
*~MoE~*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on August 1st 2009, 7:24 am

Expressionless black eyes looked up into Zamir's as the boy spoke, thin fingers twirling the lock of hair contemplatively. At the boy's plea for him to let go of his hair, Toren blinked, hesitated, then let his hand fall to his side, though not without a mournful pout of his lips and his fingers twitching at his coat pocket as if already missing holding onto that small part of the long haired boy.

For a small moment, he only watched Zamir as if analyzing, then turned away with a scowl and walked past the boy.

"I felt nothing, I remembered nothing. I was the holder of a collective and none of it mine. I would have lost everything including my very own thoughts if I had stayed; become Nothing."

He laughed darkly, almost maniacally, " "Sucked" Is not quite the word I would have chosen, nor would it have been one you would have... Let us go to Kalyan's home, then. Yin Mai would never guess I would go back there. Are you sure you do not want a sweet?"
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* on August 1st 2009, 7:44 am

Zamir's eyes narrowed, and he disregarded everything else as he focused mainly on Toren. He stalked forward, closing the distance between them in a brief moment. He poked the Brat Prince's cheek, careful not to be rough enough to hurt even his sensitive flesh, and half-glared up at him.

"No, no," he said sternly, his eyes dark. "I don't like that laugh. It doesn't suit you."

He stepped back and crossed his arms, his half-glare evolving into a full-blown one. "If I'd known you'd turn all 'Dark Prince' on me again, I would've never asked that question in the first place."

Really, sometimes Toren was such a drama queen....

He rolled his eyes in an almost teasing manner, then he turned and headed back toward the big double doors that was the entrance and exit of the hospital. "Then come along, Toren. And yes, I am sure that I do not want a peppermint. Maybe later, after we've had some real food. That candy isn't going to fill your belly, I assure you. Even if you eat twenty tons of it."
*~MoE~*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on August 1st 2009, 8:21 am

Zamir's sudden move startled the former Sandking, and his dark eyes widened slightly as he looked down at the shorter boy. He didn't say anything as his mind whirled around what the boy had just said, confused at the poke, and then the command. Especially at the glare that Zamir leveled at him.

Finally, he let his lips curl into a wide grin, and he ran a fingernail across Zamir's cheek, "That is the only way I know how to laugh, little Zamir. Or would you prefer that I not laugh at all? Or perhaps learn a different way in which to do so? Tell me then, if the way I am doesn't suit me, then what does? After all, I am at your service, Princess." He gave a jerky bow, like a marionette that had suddenly slackened it's strings.

At the prospect of food, he turned his head up from where he still bowed, "I wonder if Kalyan has rabbit to roast over a spit... how long since I have tasted the flesh of winter's most common child? Perhaps a million years..." He giggled and stood up straight, smiling wickedly down at Zamir, "...or perhaps only a few days."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* on August 1st 2009, 8:34 am

Zamir stopped once more and looked back at Toren, frowning. "A laugh is supposed to be a happy sound. Yours always sounds like the rumble of a dragon's belly just as it starts to gather the fire it needs to throw directly into its enemy's face. And you wonder why I'm afraid of you? Maybe if you'd relax for a while and stop threatening me with a fiery doom, then I'd be more willing to linger nearby."

He gave a half-snarl at the term 'princess.' How he hated that. He was a man! Why was he constantly being called a princess? He snorted. "At my service? You're so full of crap. You haven't ever bent your will to meet mine. Not even once that I recall."

At the talk of rabbit, Zamir made a face. Did this guy never get tired of this game? "No, Kalyan has no rabbit meat in his house, so you'll just have to settle for beef or something of the like."

He crossed his arms. "Honestly, Brat Prince! Are you intentionally trying to make me angry with you? Keep making rabbit cracks like that, and I may have to find a nice, sturdy iron piece to crack over your skull. That'd shut you up." He turned on his heel and marched out of the hospital, only mildly annoyed.

Some part of him knew that he would never actually hit him with a piece of iron.... He had been too stricken by the look of pain that a simple burnt tongue had placed on the dark-haired man's face. Forget anything serious....

Of course, Zamir wouldn't ever inform Toren of this fact. It might make him more difficult to deal with than he already was.
*~MoE~*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on August 1st 2009, 9:07 am

"Not that you recall..." Toren repeated quietly, staring down into Zamir's eyes. The grin had faded from his face when the boy had mentioned shy he was afraid of him, replaced with what seemed like a bitter frown. "From what is known, you cannot recall anything before you awoke. How then can you presume to judge our actions?" But he shook his head as if telling Zamir not to answer, as if the conversation itself was a lost cause.

As Zamir stormed away from him, Toren followed, muttering and stretching out a hand to stop the younger male, "You honestly... are afraid of me..." His expression darkened, and he stopped.

"Then I have lost both crowns, it seems... No longer King, or even Prince." Without saying anymore, he too turned around, and began walking the other way, back towards Allen's room, and no doubt back into Mai's candy stealing clutches.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* on August 1st 2009, 9:23 am

The expression on Toren's face made Zamir feel physically ill, and he froze once more. He wasn't sure why... he only knew that the very existence of pain within that man was something Zamir just wasn't prepared to overlook. He stood, frozen in place for a fraction of a second -Toren having took all of three steps in his moment of paralysis-, quivering with the nauseating sensation.

He then found his voice, and it -too- quivered. "Idiot," he spat, his voice barely above a whisper.

Louder, he added more. "If you don't want me to be afraid of you, then give me a reason to not be! Tell me why I shouldn't shove you away."

He looked at Toren's back, his eyes burning. He felt choked by something, and knew it to be tears. But he held them back. He wouldn't cry here, now, in front of Toren. He was stronger than that.
*~MoE~*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on August 1st 2009, 9:38 am

Toren too froze in mid-step at Zamir's choice of words.

"Give you?" he returned the boy's spat out words softly, his deep voice sounding hoarse as if struggling to breathe. He whirled around and stepped forward to grasp Zamir's shoulders in his thin hands.

"What more do you want me to give you? What more can I give you, Zamir!?" he demanded, voice becoming shrill even as his eyes bore into Zamir's shimmering ones. He could tell the boy was going to cry, could feel the tightness of his throat as if it were his own, but it was of no comparison to the whirlwind in his mind. The way he confused himself with his own words and actions, and didn't even know what to do with himself anymore.

He gripped Zamir's shoulders tightly, like when he had tried to repel the boy from following him into the Nothing for the first time. He cared nothing for the fact that they were in the hospital, and that his voice was far louder than it should have been.

"I gave you my heart and you threw it away!"
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* on August 1st 2009, 9:58 am

Zamir's eyes widened, and he stared up at Toren in shock as he gripped him so roughly. The shock heightened as each one of Toren's words seemed to seep into his skin and swim directly past his heart to his soul, where they latched on and began to slash away at it.

He could see himself trembling now. It was so visible, but it had nothing to do with fear now. He felt a gnawing, burning agony in his chest. It started as a dull throb, and it slowly swelled in a vibrating crescendo until his core began to scream out for mercy.

Zamir couldn't even feel the pain of those big, gripping hands, and he didn't hear the aching stab that the level of Toren's voice caused to all those around them.

But none of the previous discomfort seemed comparable to the agony that sliced him slowly in two as Toren said his last sentence. No feeling had ever come to him, in his entire existence, that even came close to being a warm up for that.

Zamir's lungs seemed paralyzed, and he had to suck in a sharp breath in order to keep his dead heart from stopping entirely. Some small part of his mind whispered, 'T-threw it away....?' His lips couldn't actually form the words. He only barely had enough energy to keep his heart pumping, forget his lips.

The moment seemed to last forever, though it was hardly more than a second or two. The claws of the dragon were wrapped around Zamir now, and he desperately wished that the dragon would just swallow him and let him burn in that fire-filled belly rather than endure this heart ache.

He snapped his eyes shut, slapped away Toren's hands, then he took off running. He hadn't actually ran in a long time, but he was sprinting out of the hospital, down the sidewalk, and headed in whichever direction that his feet took him then. He ran and ran and ran, not caring if he got lost. Not thinking about whatever weirdos that might be around. He just moved, pumping his limps and sucking in gulps of air.

The tears began flowing, but he was a long distance from Toren. He was allowed to cry now. And he did, his ribs heaving in terrible, shattering convulsions of pain. He didn't stop until he was too exhausted to move anymore. He didn't know where he was, but he found a shady place to curl up, and he lay there with no intentions of ever moving again.
*~MoE~*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on August 1st 2009, 11:13 am

((timeskip then~ hmm, a bit abrupt of my post, but hopefully from Zamir's side it will seem less so. lol))

Unable to move from the sheer emotional pain shared between both him and Zamir, Toren had been found by Mai, clutching at his chest with one hand, as if trying to hold his insides just that, inside. He'd looked up hazily at his Knight, and had asked brokenly, "Is this... Is this what hate is?"

Mai decided then that it was time to go home.

Once at the Alchemist's house, Mai had tried to sit the thin man down, worried over his out-of-it expression, fearing that maybe... Toren had finally lost his mind. Even more so hours later when Toren had abruptly stood up from the dusty couch and had begun yelling at him.

"He is not here, Yin Mai!" Toren bellowed, gripping at his wrists with trembling fingers and looking up into red eyes wildly. "Zamir is not coming back! Find him!" he demanded, "I can feel, but I cannot find him! Where is he!?"

Mai could do nothing but relent to the ma's wild pleas, and had proceeded to trace the younger boy's whereabouts.

He wheezed at the strain to his mind, from the distance, and the way both Toren's and Zamir's mental energy seemed to be tearing at each other, though not like a fight, but more like tearing apart from each other in a confused frenzy. It was not a good feeling at all, and he grimaced, taking Toren's wrist and pulling him in the direction of Zamir.

"He's far." he ground out, and they were soon at a dead run, Mai trailing after the much faster Toren.

More hours, and despite the trace he had called to Zamir, it was almost morning when they found the boy huddled and sleeping fitfully in an isolated alley. Before even Mai could say anything, Toren collapsed beside Zamir, pulling the long haired teen into his arms and holding onto him tightly as they both shook.

"Never. Never again. I'm sorry." the former Sandking hissed raggedly into damp hair. "Do not run away like that again. Do not leave me. I'll give you more than I am, and then everything once more, if you will only not leave, Zamir."

Mai watched them tiredly, his forehead damp with sweat, and even he was already feeling annoyed at how stubborn those two were. Toren a complete socially-inept mental case, and Zamir a easily angered and constantly emotionally fluctuating. Really, the two were perfect for each other, and Mai felt like knocking some common sense into both them so that they could see how stupidly childish they were being. But perhaps his anger was only being influenced by the turbulent emotions of the two, for alone, Mai understood how hard it must be for both of them; former Sanding thrust into a unknown world having lost everything, and Zamir forgetting everything. Just those two contrasting thoughts sent a migraine straight to his temple.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* on August 1st 2009, 8:27 pm

Zamir awoke to movement, warmth, and an odd feeling of comfort that he hadn't felt in quite some time. The scent of rain washed over him, and he nuzzled closer in delight as he realized that the scent and the warmth were coming from the same source.

Still exhausted, he didn't want to move. He was comfortable there, wrapped up in heat. Why should he move?

Toren's voice washed over him, and Zamir's eyes snapped open wide. Why was Toren here...? Come to think of it... where was here?

Memory flooded back, and he tensed in Toren's grasp, his emotions clashing and slamming together in a blend that would normally push him into a rage, but only made him exhausted now. Toren's words replayed a few times in his head, and he sighed heavily. Slowly, he relaxed into the embrace. He didn't want to fight now. He wanted to go home, have a bath, and go to sleep.

"Will you take me home?," he asked softly. "I do not know how to go back. I got lost." He laughed a bit, feeling stupid. He pressed his cheek to Toren's chest, closing his eyes.

"Toren...? Did I really...," he asked, but paused when his voice broke. "D-did I throw it away? I don't remember having it, but...." Toren had been filled with such pain when he said that.... You can't fake an emotion so strong that it shakes the very essence of your being. He hadn't been lying. He couldn't have.

So... what exactly did that mean?

Zamir was going to find out, eventually. That, he was certain of. But... how much pain would he cause before he rediscovered his lost memories?

"I'm sorry," he breathed against Toren, his exhaustion flowing over him once more. Weakly, he clung to Toren's shirt, his hand clenched around the fabric.
*~MoE~*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on August 1st 2009, 9:07 pm

Toren's arms loosened in their hold of the boy as he sensed that Zamir wasn't going to try to run, or struggle, but he didn't let him go. Instead, he buried his face into that long black hair, shivering at Zamir's question.

His chest hurt, and felt heavy as if he could not breathe. As if some foreign object had lodged itself within his ribcage and was hammering at his bones to be let out. He supposed that was his heart, then, but if he had given it to Zamir...

"It does not matter." He muttered, once again tightening his hold on the slender boy and glaring off into nothing decidedly.

"I have another; millions more from the times I've lived, and I will give this one too. I gave it to that Zamir, and I will give it to this Zamir even if it's lost too. Don't apologize. And do not run away."

Mai frowned at Toren's choice of words, thinking that they might upset Zamir more, and stood up, placing his hand on the couple's shoulder, startling his charge and receiving a wide-eyed grimace from Toren. "Time to go home," he murmured, letting his hands fall to his sides hesitantly, but then outstretching them again to help the two male's stand.

Toren lifted Zamir easily as if carrying a child, not realizing that he was not using his weak muscles at all, but the power of his mind to keep the boy clutched to his chest.

The Chinese man said nothing about it incase Toren realized what he was doing and accidentally dropped the long haired boy. Slowly, they began walking back towards Kalyan's house, the building not as far as he had expected, tough it had seemed a linger trip when looking for Zamir. It was quiet, as if nobody was inside, and Mai opened the door silently, letting Toren and Zamir enter ahead of him before shutting the door as quietly as he could.

"I'll... go to my room, then." he said, smiling softly at the two. I'm not as young as I used to be, and I am very tired. Goodnight."

Black eyes watched as his knight walked away and up the stairs, then moved to land on the boy in his own arms. For a moment, he stayed quiet, but then with a soft sigh, he lowered Zamir to the ground, letting their eyes meet.

"You are tired... would you have me leave?"
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* on August 1st 2009, 9:43 pm

Zamir also realized by the means that Toren was carrying him. He didn't feel heavy in Toren's arms at all. It was almost as if the air itself was carrying him rather than the pale arms draped around him. Wary, Zamir was sure to sit very, very still the whole trip back.

When they arrived and Mai announced that he was leaving, he said a soft goodnight to the man, and apologized for the trouble that he had caused both he and Toren.

As Toren lowered him, Zamir's grip on the other's shirt did not waver. He kept close to Toren as he looked up to meet his dark eyes. "Yes, I am tired, but...," he said quietly, his eyes falling to his grip on Toren's shirt.

"But... you and I have been alone for long enough today, and I would like to talk to you." He paused, considering his dirty clothes, which were well under his preferred level of cleanliness. "But first... maybe a shower and a change of clothes." He looked back up at Toren.

"Give me ten minutes? Then I'd like to hear about whatever it is that I've forgotten. Would you mind telling me?"
*~MoE~*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on August 2nd 2009, 8:49 am

Toren almost seemed grateful for Zamir's request, his dark eyes softening at the boy before nodding. "I would like to talk as well. Without riddles and games, without the fear that it might be the last time I say anything coherent... because of you." He smiled that strange little smile; a topsy tury curl of the lips which would have looked almost cruel if not for the gentle look in his eyes and the soft light filtering in from the window on his face.

He lifted a slender hand and traced his finger across the boy's cheek, as if tracing a line he had drawn before. "Where do you want me to wait, for you Zamir?"

But instead of waiting for the boy's answer, he turned and lead Zamir upstairs by the hand, their feet making almost no sound as they moved to Zamir's bedroom. Toren usually stayed in Mai's room during the night, watching the Chinese man sleep as he could yet not bring himself to close his eyes again, but now...

"If you would let me... I would wait here," the thin man said quietly, black eyes seeming to glow darker than the shadows themselves, but not in the least threatening. "If I could sleep, I would do so like this.."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next