Storyteller
Welcome to Storyteller

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Storyteller
Welcome to Storyteller
Storyteller
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Alchemist and the World of Dreams

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Alchemist and the World of Dreams Empty The Alchemist and the World of Dreams

Post  Admin June 22nd 2009, 4:11 am

What would you do in order to bring a loved one back to life? Would you give your own, damning your soul in order to see that person closest to your heart for only a few moments? And if you were the on watching your love degrading in his effort to bring you back? The story revolves around people closest to the world of dreams; the devastated friends and family of those trapped between death and life, and the ones who have become Sandmen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://storyteller.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Alchemist and the World of Dreams Empty Re: The Alchemist and the World of Dreams

Post  Admin June 22nd 2009, 5:26 am

((we can continue this from where we left off, i have our previous posts on WORD so we dont need to post them all here))
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Alchemist and the World of Dreams Empty Re: The Alchemist and the World of Dreams

Post  *~MoE~* June 22nd 2009, 6:11 am

((Oh, awesome! ^_^ Great<3 Was it my turn?))
*~MoE~*
*~MoE~*

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin June 27th 2009, 9:06 am

Kalyan gripped Ashley's arms gently, making sure that she didn't harm herself in her anxiety. He barely noticed that she was shaking him.

"Deidre called me on her radiograph!," she exclaimed. "She called me... and she says Allen's here. Is he alright, Kalyan? Where is he!? I have to see him!"

She was almost hysterical now, her golden eyes wide and bloodshot. Her whole form was shaking like a leaf in a strong gust of wind, and finally she collapsed into grief-stricken tears. Kalyan held her closer, his eyes betraying his worry for her, even as the rest of his face became impassive and a bit stern. He listened to her as she prattled along in a fit of grief, and after a few moments, he sighed. "Ashley," he said softly. When she continued, he interrupted again, his voice a bit more urgent. "Ashley." Still, nothing. "Ashley!," he hissed at last, but that was when she noticed the blood and fell silent. He watched the color drain from her face, and he bit his lip as he contemplated on what to tell her. The truth... or the lie he'd given the nurses?

He missed what she said after that, mostly due to his realization of her rising panic. He scooped her up with a graceful ease that would've flattered most women, then placed her into a sitting position on the hospital curb.

"Calm down first, Ashley," Kalyan said reasonably as the missed statement finally echoed through his mind. He considered the statement, and realized that perhaps it all wasn't Allen's. His thoughts were a bit foggy at the moment, but he was sure that -with the right amount of prodding- his memory would be crystal clear again.

"I'm pretty certain that not all of it is Allen's, though I can not deny that the majority of it is. His leg was crushed by something. The doctors are working on him in the ER right now. There is nothing that we can do for him until they bring him back out and put him in a room. The nurses have my information and have assured to contact me as quickly as they have news. Until we hear from them, then we should not bother the doctors."

As her eyes moved away from him, Kalyan looked up to see Zamir on his feet once more, staring at them with a most peculiar expression on his face. Kalyan saw him pale a bit as he, too, noticed the blood all over him, but he otherwise seemed unshaken. At her question, he sighed. "The pretty-boy is Zamir, that black haired one is Toren, and the one still in the car is Mai. They're friends. You needn't worry over them."

He turned his attention away from Ashley. "Zamir. Would you mind terribly to come sit with Ashley while I clean up a bit...? I think I have another shirt I can wear in my trunk...."

~~~~~

Zamir stood, perched somewhere between the dark-haired man and the red-haired one, hesitant. He could feel the small distance between himself and the dark-haired man, while he didn't seem to mind how close -or far away- the other one was. He watched the red-haired man's exchange with the frantic woman, frowning. He didn't quite understand what they were talking about immediately, but then the memories of the occurrence in his home resurfaced, and he tensed.

The boy... the one who's leg had been harmed. This was why they were at a hospital, and why there was so very much blood on the man addressed as Kalyan. An image of Acelin lying still on the floor in a pool of blood shimmered before Zamir's eyes, though it was surrounded in a hazed fog.

Acelin... was he dead?

And if he were, why did Zamir care?

Zamir shoved those thoughts to the deepest pits of his mind and concentrated on the there and then. Kalyan said his name, winning Zamir's attention immediately. How in the world did this man know his name...?

Zamir took one look into the face of the hysteric lady on the concrete, and he determined that the time for his own questions to be answered could come much later, if needed. Right then, she needed help. He nodded quietly at Kalyan and stepped forward so that he could kneel before the lady.

He smiled softly in hopes of soothing her a bit more, even though the beauty of it was weakened somewhat by the extreme paleness of his skin against his raven black hair. He reminded himself sternly of her name, and then he began distracting her as Kalyan went off to remove the bloody shirt and exchange it. "You truly believe yourself to be a bad mother?," he asked, his words a bit slurred -still unused to speaking after such a long period of silence. "I do not believe that. Your face is kind. You are rightly worried about your child, and rushed here as fast as you could to do whatever you could to help him." He reached out and patted her hand gently -despite his horrible dislike of strangers- because he felt a dire need to comfort her. "I can not judge you based on your past with your little one, but from what I see here and now... I can tell you this: You are doing everything that any other great parent would do for their own flesh and blood.... And you look like a kindhearted, loving mutter to me."

Feeling sheepish and hesitant, he withdrew his hand and moved over to sit beside of her rather than in front, his eyes on the ground. His words seemed foolish and filled with childishness to him, and he didn't care for it in the least. His mind struggled with words, searching for something decent to say to her that wouldn't make him seem a fool. He found nothing there, and so remained silent.

~~~~~

Kalyan returned moments later, his eyes not on Ashley, but on Toren instead. The man looked quite dark at that moment.... He wondered dimly what had caused such an expression to claw its way onto his face.

He kept the thought to himself and turned to Ashley. "Feeling a bit better, now?," Kalyan asked.

Everything hurt in Allen's body, like pins and needles, and hammers smashing every inch of him. Even the sounds around him cause him pain. The beeping of machines, the turning of gears, people talking around him rapidly, turning rapidly in his hazed vision.

Where was Kalyan?

His eyes felt tender and swollen, hot, salty stinging tears running down his inflamed face. Allen couldn't see Kalyan anywhere. He tried to call out for him, make any sound that would make Kalyan appear before him, but noise was swallowed by the tube that had been shoved down his throat to aid his breathing.

And Kalyan wasn't there.

Despair and confusion tightened his chest, and his swimming mind tried to think, tried to sort out why Kalyan wasnt by his side, why Kalyan wasnt with him now, when he'd promised...

He'd promised.

But he wasn't here. So then...

Allen tried to push away such poisonous thoughts, but they only crept in deeper into his mind and twisted around his thoughts in his despair. With each passing second, as his mind drifted further and further back into darkness, he felt the despair curl more into his mind. Even as he protested, knowing this was not the right way,

This isn't a dream

It only wound tighter around him, until Allen could actually feel the cold arms clamped around his torso, bitter words whispered into his ear as he was held in mockery of a lover's embrace.

"Kalyan loves me," he protested weakly, "He wouldn't leave me."

But then why wasn't he here? Why was he not by Allen's side in this moment of need? If he really loved Allen, he would be here regardless. He would be here, holding his hand, reassuring him...

"Telling me everything will be alright... he would be... but." Allen's voice broke, as he felt those hands wrapping tighter around him, cold breath brushing across his oversensitive skin. It felt like frostbites as that voice spoke softly to him.

It had to be a lie, thought! Kalyan had been his Prince for so long now. He couldn't just... leave Allen just like that. After all they had gone through!

"You're... wrong..."

But those hands wrapped around his heart and squeezed.

What would happen... if even after her waking, the Prince never came for Sleeping Beauty?

Allen could only fall back against those cold arms like the scales of a dragon, hot stinging tears falling over his inflamed face. This wasn't a dream.

"Then Maleficent would win..."

~~~~~

Toren looked up at Kalyan, his face still set in a troubled grimace. There was something wrong, something he had overlooked. Something they had all overlooked.

"The way I feel is of little importance." he muttered, though the bitterness showed in his tone.

His coal colored eyes swam with uncertainty, an emotion far more complex than he remembered. All the emotions he was experiencing now were giving him such a massive headache, and yet, he couldn't wrap his thoughts around just what he was feeling.

He glanced at Zamir and Ashley, and his expression softened a fraction, before once again twisting into an almost crazed grimace.

"There is a pain in my skull." he growled, turning back to the red haired alchemist, "How do you make it disappear? I am telling it to go, but it does not listen..." He lifted a hand to massage at his temple, as if hoping the physical action would drive away the pain.

"And what's more... You need to be with your Allen. Are you certain that he doesnt need you... at this very moment?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* June 28th 2009, 1:17 am

Something about the way Toren spoke had chills running up and down Kalyan's spine. His body became cold, and chill bumps broke out all over his arms and legs. He stood, rigid, as he stared at the former Sandking, his heart slamming almost painfully in his chest.

He began to think about it. Was Allen not unconscious when he delivered him to the nurses?

What if he hadn't been?

He would be in agonizing pain and all alone with a bunch of strangers. Not just strangers, but people who were most likely causing him even more pain as they worked on him.

A shiver ran over Kalyan, and his breath came out as a hitched, wavering sound.

What if Maleficent wasn't defeated yet?

The battle wasn't over. Allen was alone, afraid....

And Kalyan had promised to stay by his side.... And yet here he stood, far away from his princess.

Idiot! Fool! Loathsome, ignorant liar!

"Allen...," Kalyan whispered, his hands clenching into fists.

And then, Kalyan was running. He flew down the halls, weaving between the people who stared at him, dumbfounded, then ignored them as they screamed after him. He kept going until he slammed -almost full force- into the locked Emergency Room door. He paused, panting for breath, as his mind whirled. Why was the door locked?!!

He turned on his heel and moved back some, his eyes glancing sharply around the waiting room. He missed nothing as he looked for the nearest nurse.

His hands shook as he snatched up one male with scrubs on. The man looked at him with wide, startled eyes.

"Open the ER door," Kalyan growled.

"I'm sorry, Sir... Only family members can go-"

"I said open the door!," Kalyan said, hauling the man up off of the floor so that he could glare with eyes filled with murderous intent. He shook the man with every word he spoke. "My lover is behind that door, afraid, conscious, and alone, and you will NOT keep me from him. Do you understand me?! If I have to break down those doors myself, I will use your head as my battering ram. Are we clear?"

The man seemed properly afraid, and it pleased Kalyan. That meant that he would not waste time in getting the door open. He watched the male scramble for the key set in his pocket, then he found the correct key with shaky hands and opened the door for Kalyan.

In less than a moment, Kalyan was inside of the room with Allen once more. A nurse began screaming at him as soon as she spotted him, but he had no ears for her. He moved forward and took Allen's hand, his eyes looking worriedly at his beloved's face. "Allen," he spoke softly. "I won't let them get in my way anymore. I'm here."

He squeezed Allen's hand gently, and someone told the nurse to shut up. Pleased and content, Kalyan remained there, watching over his lover -as he should have insisted on doing to begin with.

~~~~~

'Zamir.... How dare you leave me so near death and all alone!'

Zamir stiffened in his place on the sidewalk, his eyes widening somewhat at the all-too-familiar voice.

'Acelin, you are alive?,' Zamir questioned, his eyes narrowing. 'Why did you not bleed to death after that wound in your side?'

Acelin chuckled darkly, and Zamir couldn't suppress a shiver. 'It will take more than that those petty princes to take me down, Zamir,' Acelin chided him. 'And it will take more than them to keep you away from me, as well. See you soon enough, child.'

Zamir was shaking and lying flat on his back on the cement outside of the hospital, staring blankly at nothing when he came to himself. He heaved a sigh and abruptly sat up, his eyes dark -like his mood.

He heaved a sigh and stood, dusting himself off. He intended on taking a walk to calm his restlessness. Perhaps he would even go into town. He had no reason to be at the hospital... and he was sure that Kalyan would not miss him overmuch. His eyes flicked over to the dark-haired man. His mind searched for his name, and came up with Dark Prince Toren. His eyes narrowed a bit. The dream he'd had about the man was too clear and precise to be just a simple dream. There is no way that this man could truly be a friend of his if he threw him off of cliffs in the Dream World, correct...? But then, why did he help him escape the other world to begin with?

'I want you to awaken. I want you to be here and fade no more, wake up and live before you become part of the Nothing like I was about to.'

Zamir replayed those words from his memory. Toren had said that to him just before he had awakened. Wake up and live....

That had seemed to be such an easy task then. Now... he wondered what there was to live for. What was he supposed to do, now that he was no longer prisoner? He had no where to live. No where to go. And the only people around him were complete strangers... except Toren -apparently- but Zamir didn't know if he were able to trust him....

His mind was plunged so deeply in thought that he didn't notice the man that had slipped out of the hospital door. He didn't sense him approach him from behind, but Zamir was instantly snapped out of his thoughts as the man's arms wrapped around his body -trapping his arms against his sides. He gasped sharply as the man's hands brushed against his nipples and then became horribly rigid as the man's breath fell upon his ear.

"Hey, cutie pie. What's a girl like you doing just standing around here...?," he murmured against his ear, and Zamir thought he felt his lips brush against his neck. "A bit flat chested, but you're absolutely beautiful. I bet you're one hell of a lay. Want to come over to my place?"

Zamir shivered and tried to calm his rapidly beating heart. It was just some high school drunkard.... It wasn't Acelin, as he had originally assumed. For a moment, Zamir had been paralyzed with his panic until the boy's voice slithered over him, but his fear quickly gave way to disgust. How dare this man touch him in such a familiar way?!

He scoffed. "You're lucky I'm really not a girl, idiot," he said, and the man seemed somewhat surprised by the depth of his voice. "I'm sure a woman wouldn't take kindly to being felt up like that."

"Ooooh, you're a dude? Kinky...," the drunkard murmured, nipping at Zamir's ear. "That just makes you seem even more delicious." The man ran his hand slowly down down Zamir's chest, heading for lower places.

Zamir snapped as memories of Acelin barraged him. He screamed, his eyes slamming shut. He used the only weapon he had at the moment: his hand. He gracefully turned his hand, slipping it behind him easily, and gripped the man's balls with a wrenching force -a move he had used many times to escape Acelin. He was rewarded with a roar of pain and anger. The man let him go, and Zamir side-stepped him. He brought his long leg up and around, then slammed it as hard as he could into the man's back.

The man staggered forward, but recovered quickly. His arm shot out and connected with Zamir's chest. The action knocked Zamir out of balance, and he tried to catch himself, but it was too much strain for his newly awakened body. He fell, crashing painfully stomach-down on the concrete. He moaned softly and rolled over just in time to see the man rushing him like an angry bear with his fist raised for an attack. Zamir had no time to dodge. He had no time to react at all, so he settled for watching the blow head directly for his face, choosing to prepare himself for the blow with the last millisecond that he had left before the man's flesh connected with his.
*~MoE~*
*~MoE~*

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin July 17th 2009, 7:28 am

Toren growled softly. He could still feel that sickening darkness around them, almost as if it was clinging to them like a skeletal parasite. Even without closing his eyes, the former sandking could picture the wretched creature feeding of the energy of their dreams. Acelin was still alive.

Black eyes moved across their surroundings, analyzing their situation. They would all have to be more alert from now on, and he would have to keep close to Zamir. Any mental weakness on their part would no doubt be used by that damned alchemist against them. Toren snorted, there was no way a mere mortal human would upper hand the former sandking. He who still had the love of the sandshadow on his side, Zamir, and the seven..

"Let go of him!"

The shrill scream tore him out of his thoughts, and he whirled around in time to see Zamir being attacked by a wobbly, filthy looking man, Ashley starting to get up to defend him. At the corner of his eye, Toren saw Mai jump out of the car like a man half his age and practically run over the drunkard even before his own body was able to begin moving towards the others.

"Nobody touches this one without his permission!" the Chinese man spat, his hands at the drunkard's throat and crimson eyes burning in cold fury.

Ashley knelt beside Zamir, helping him off the ground and cradling the dark haired teen to her, "Are you alright!?" she cried, brushing back the long hair from his face, her own eyes panicky. She wouldn't let another young one get hurt. Not on her watch

Toren's expression only darkened, as he made his way towards them and looked down at the man Mai had pinned down. It turned into a look of disgust as he saw the man's face, and saw the man's mind. "His mind is twisted by the noxious drink he burdens his liver with," he sneered, looking deep into the man's eyes. "You disgusting pig... you will never do such a thing to anyone!" he hissed driving his own nightmare into the drunken man.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* July 17th 2009, 8:20 am

Zamir's brain swam from all of the fast occurrences. Everything was happening too fast for him to follow, and his body still felt completely strained and weak.

His hands shook as he clung, wide-eyed, to Ashley as she helped him up. A slight dizziness overcame him, but he blinked it away, his eyes moving to her face. He then realized how very small she was. He was a good bit taller than her, and her shoulders weren't nearly as broad as his. He seemed to even be thicker than her.

He was stricken by how frail that she seemed, but the strength in her eyes was the sort that belonged only to a real, loving mother.

At her words, Zamir was flooded with a sudden love for her. She had known him for all of a few minutes -an hour or so, at most- and she cared enough about him to baby him -to make sure he was alright?

He looked into her panic-stricken eyes and let his heart feel heavy with the love of her -strength spilling over him along with the feeling-, and he smiled a full-out smile for the first time since his awakening. It transformed his beautiful face into something even more radiant than before. "And you thought yourself a bad mother...," he chastised her lovingly. He leaned down slightly and gently rubbed his cheek against her in a soft nuzzle as his arms wrapped around her in a tight hug. "I am very well, thank you, Ms. Ashley. Sorry to have made you worry."

Mai's form had been a colorful blur to Zamir, and he couldn't believe how fast he had moved. He wasn't sure why the man had been so willing and fast to protect him, but he was grateful.

It wasn't until the man met Toren's dark gaze and started to writhe and scream that Zamir looked down at the man, his face draining of color. He instantly released Ashley and stepped over to the man, looking at his pale, horrified face as he weakly moved his hands in scratching motions over his eyes. Whatever Toren had made him see was clearly a miserable, horrifying, mind-shattering play of images and terrors....

Zamir felt his heart pound against his chest as his fear tripled. This man... this Dark Prince... former Sandking... whatever his title, he was terrifying. More so than even Acelin.

But his fear for Acelin had never kept Zamir from being Zamir. Anger, fresh and warm, overtook his fear. His body bristled, and his eyes snapped like fire in the dimming sunlight.

"What did you just do to him?!," he demanded, his hands curling up into fists. "Sure, he did a bad thing, but it was to me. You," he exclaimed, his index finger slamming into Toren's chest in several, jabbing motions as he spoke, "had no reason to take this so far. You have no right to torture someone just because they hit on me. He was out of line, but I think what you just did was even more out there than his actions were!"

He turned a bit on his heel, his gaze turning its wrath to Mai. "And you-!" He pointed at Mai, eyes blazing. "I am grateful to you for stepping in, but it must be clear to you that no one needs to ask his permission to touch me. They need MINE."

He turned on his heel once more and stalked away from them. He had no further desire to see Toren's face. That one was really getting on Zamir's nerves, with his grumpy face that only seemed to get grumpier and his dark eyes that seemed so possessive when they landed on Zamir. It sent unpleasant chill bumps up and down his spine.

Uncertain of where he was going, or what he would do when he got there, Zamir headed off in the general direction of town. He would surely find some way of survival there....

Even sitting down in some alley way -dirty, hungry, and alone- sounded better than staying there with that ... that guy!
*~MoE~*
*~MoE~*

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin July 17th 2009, 7:55 pm

Ashley's eyes widened at Zamir's words, and she froze as the young man embraced her, rubbing their cheeks together. It had been so long...since she had felt a hug like that. The hug of such a fragile child. All the blond woman could do in response was return the gesture, her expression softened and maybe a bit calmer than before.

That's right... she would be able to hug Allen like this again. There was nothing to worry about, and this boy... She would watch over him as well as if he was her own son. It was her penance.

Her eyes shot open however, when Zamir pulled away and she looked up to see him. Her breath almost stopped as Toren walked past them and towards the Asian male, a feeling deeper than fear washing over her at those dark unreadable eyes.

This man who had pulled her out of that place; that place between Dream and Death that could have been permanent. Why? And then she realized that what she felt wasn't horror, it was awe, because this man was ageless, and he had already been in her Dreams.

~~~~

Toren stiffened as Zamir whirled around to face him, those familiar wild eyes burning into his.

"That man will never let another drop of that poison touch his lips for the rest of his life. That is all I did. He will wake up soon enough."

His lips almost pulled into an eager smirk, ready to accept any challenge from the dark haired boy, just like before. However, he was in no way prepared for the pain that assaulted him when those slender fingers stabbed at his chest.

Even Mai seemed confused and shocked at the boy's outburst, and immediately stood up, an awkward look in his crimson gaze. "I-I did not mean... not his permission, but yours... Oh, Toren!"

Dark eyes widened almost comically as he stumbled back only to be caught by his knight, and the horrible feeling, that horrible sting in his chest from where Zamir had jabbed him made his eyes water. Toren could barely will his body to move after the long haired boy, and the blond woman running after him. Damn. So much for keeping an eye on the princesses.

He glared up at Mai, his face hot from the headache he still had now coupled with the pain in his chest. With a hand clutching at his stinging chest, he snapped up at the Chinese man, "Mai, there is a pain on my chest... make it stop!" It frustrated him, these unusual sensations, and made his eyes burn, and, "My eyes are leaking..."

~~~~~~

"Wait!" Ashley called after Zamir, her radiograph clutched tightly in her hand as she hurried after the boy. It took all her speed to catch up to him without breaking into an all out run. She practically yanked on his shirt to make him stop, her fingers curling on the thin material, "Wait! Don't... run off by yourself!"

She breathed a sigh of relief as they seemed to slow down, and looked back. They had left the former Sandking and his knight a way back, but she could still make out their forms, the thin man seemingly hunched over and clinging to the older... or at least older looking.

With a small sigh, she turned back towards Zamir, only for her expression turn into one of anger. "Don't be so foolish as to run off into the city by yourself!" she chastised. The golden eyed woman couldn't help but worry. From what Kalyan had said about the boy, and well.. the three of those strangers, "You've just woken up from being in a long coma! How can you expect to wander around a strange city!?"

And with that, she took Zamir's arm in hers, "I'm coming with you... I don't suppose you've eaten?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* July 17th 2009, 11:38 pm

Zamir had already begun to slow down before Ashley grabbed his shirt, the anger that had sent him rushing away was falling off of him as fast as it had come. At her touch, he slowed down more, then simply stopped.

The hole left by the burning anger felt heavy inside Zamir's chest, but it was quickly being filled by something... darker and thicker than anger. It was soft as it flowed into it, but overwhelming.... It drowned out everything else, and roared in his ears.

The look in the Dark Prince's eyes as Zamir yelled at him flashed through his mind. It was almost as if... he were going to cry....

The odd emotion thickened more, became heavier, and stronger. The backs of Zamir's eyes began to burn and sting.

His eyes flicked over to Ashley as she spoke to him. He flinched at the sight of her anger toward him and quickly looked away, his heart sinking with the heaviness that continued to grow. His vision blurred, and he shut his eyes against the sight of the warped colors and twisted shapes.

Something wet slid down his cheeks, and Zamir's eyes snapped open wide in surprise. He touched his own cheeks, then laughed somewhat bitterly. How stupid.... What was he crying for?

"I-I'm sorry...," he offered to Ashley at her chastisement. He had made her worry again. He should be more wary of her feelings.... He brushed away the tears with shaky hands, frustrated with himself. It usually took more than this to make him cry... so what was his problem?

He was surprised by her arm linking with his, more by the comfort that he received from the contact rather than by the touch itself. He peered at her for a moment, puzzled by her words.

"Eaten...?" Oh, that's right. People outside of the World of Dreams had to eat, sleep, and move on a regular basis to stay healthy.... It had been so long since he'd actually eaten on his on volition.... He had forgotten about that. He sighed. "No. I haven't.... And neither have they," he said, forcing himself to keep from looking back at Mai and Toren. "It wouldn't be nice to leave them out, if we're getting something to eat. It's been so long that I didn't remember, so they probably wouldn't either."

He bit his lip, his hand unconsciously lacing his fingers through hers for extra comfort. "Do you mind if we bring them too?," he asked, almost hoping that she would mind -just so that he wouldn't have to talk to them.

He was disgusted by his own selfishness. He had his fear of Toren as an excuse for not wanting him to come, but Mai had not purposefully done him any harm. Mai had actually done little else than help him. He'd had no right to yell at him like he had.

The dark, heavy feeling returned. He was more like his father than he ever wanted to admit....
*~MoE~*
*~MoE~*

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin July 18th 2009, 1:38 am

Ashley sighed at the look on Zamir's face, the way he turned away to hide the fact that he was crying. There was no way she wouldn't notice after nineteen years of raising her own stubborn son.

Bearing a small smile, she took out a small cloth from her purse, and pressing it to Zamir's cheeks, sighed once more, "You're just like Allen. Here... "she murmured, wiping away those tears that marred the boy's face.

Everything inside her screamed to just pull the taller boy into her arms and hold him there, protecting him from the outside world. Because he was just so young. Just like Allen. Ironic that she hadn't been able to do the same thing for her own son when Terrance... had died.

At Zamir's words, she frowned, golden eyes sweeping over the thin body. He seemed malnourished, now that she thought about it. All three of them did. Of course, since the only thing they had been surviving on was the IV...

"We'll have to go eat then." She said firmly, squeezing his hand in hers. She glanced back, and an awkward smile tugged at her lips. She could see the two dark haired men approaching them, Mai with a tired expression on his face, and Toren looking like a child who had just finished crying his eyes out.

"Don't worry, they're already coming. It's better if we all stick together after all. If Kalyan needs anything, he can call me on the radiograph." She lifted at the folds of her skirt as she turned to face Mai and Toren, golden eyes immediately focusing on the man from her dreams.

His eyes met hers, and she froze, almost as if caught in the ancient black pools. "W-we are going to eat," she said, starting to walk further into the town. Her voice wavered, not out of fear, but of the awkwardness of the situation. She would never have imagined to come face to face with this person, let alone in real life. She had always thought he was only a figment of her imagination...

Mai nodded in her direction, a sheepish look on his face, "I had forgotten what hunger felt like..." he mused, placing a hand on Toren's shoulders, "Let's go then."

Toren scowled, glancing at Zamir. For some reason that only made his chest hurt more.

"I do not need to eat, Mai." he retorted, his voice sounding strained, "I am the Sand-"

"Not anymore."Mai sighed, this time both hands on his shoulders, and began leading the almost pouting man after the Ashley and Zamir, "You are awake now and need to keep your body nourished."

Toren rubbed at his chest moodily, "But I have pain! Mai, make it go away... in my skull, my chest and stomach. This body only gives me more pain and Zamir made me hurt." he started as his stomach growled, and he growled in return, a venomous look in his red-rimmed eyes.

At the sound of Toren's stomach growling, Ashley almost laughed, though stopped herself. She didnt think he would appreciate her finding amusement in his "pain", but, "I suppose we better find someplace to eat quickly then, otherwise we'll all get stomach aches from hunger." she squeezed Zamir's hand again, giving the boy a smile.

"Oh look there's a small cafe there!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* July 18th 2009, 3:10 am

Zamir could feel Toren's glare as it dug into the back of his head. It was almost as if the head was zapped through the air so that it could slam into the boy's skull. It should have made him mad, but it only made him feel tired.

....It was the whining that made him mad, but distantly. His anger didn't even reach his voice -as a matter of fact, he sounded distant, his voice somewhat flat and dull.

"I don't understand how someone as old as you, who ruled the Dream World for hundreds and hundreds of years, lived who-knows-how-long ago, met billions of people in their lives, and then can't handle a headache and a few pokes to the chest. You whine and mope and complain like a two year old. Grow. Up."

He sighed. "I haven't been on this earth even half the time that you have, but I act a twenty years older than you. And why must you drag poor Mai into your pity-fest? It isn't his fault you hurt, and he can't help it go away. Suck it up and stop complaining, or go away. I'm tired of listening to you."

He paused for a moment, letting his words sink in. The next time he spoke, it was more to himself than to Toren, but it was still loud enough to be heard by the dark-haired male. "I'd like to know what happened to that strong, confident, non-annoying Dark Prince that told me he wanted me out of the Dream World.... I guess he was knocked out of that thick skull when it hit the floor." He snorted and fell silent, his expression dark.

The small squeeze that Ashley gave his hand was reassuring, and it comforted him somewhat. He attempted a smile in her direction, but it was the barest ghost of one, and it didn't come anywhere close to touching his eyes.

He followed Ashley's gaze to the café, puzzled. "I thought that cafés only have coffee and little sweet snacks?," he said softly, confused. "Not actual meals.... Or has that changed since Acelin last brought Mom into town...?"

He could recall her sweet face telling him all about it. How sad she had looked at first that she didn't get to show him because of Acelin! But she let him see everything through her eyes. She had told him every little detail, using her hands and words to draw him brilliant pictures of the people and places that they had seen.

She had always insisted that they would visit the little place together one day.

...So much for that....

He held Ashley's hand a bit tighter, his eyes falling to the ground.
*~MoE~*
*~MoE~*

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin July 18th 2009, 4:51 am

Startled for a moment by Zamir's words, Toren's eyes narrowed for a split second before his face broke into a wide grin, lips pulling back until they seemed more like a grimace than a smile.

The expression was much too close to what the man had looked like as Sandking for Mai's comfort. Without a thought, he pulled Toren against him before he could reply to the boy, burgundy eyes looking at the man in concern. He sent Zamir a disapproving frown.

"Please be more patient with him," he pleaded the younger man, though it sounded more like he was chiding him. "For someone who has forgotten what anything feels like, even the slightest pain might be overwhelming." Mai couldn't help but to defend his former King. Not only because he had pledged his loyalty, but because he loved Toren. Perhaps not in the way he had thought before, but it was nonetheless strong.

He touched Toren's chest softly, as if that would take away the pain, but he only shook his head as Toren opened his mouth to speak.

"The little rabbit understands nothing," Toren began, that terrible smile on his lips, "He-"

"Alright! I am very hungry!" Ashley interjected finally, putting herself between Toren and Zamir and ready to stop any more bickering from the three men. Really they were all just like children. "I am very sure you are all very eager to finally put some food in your mouths after all this time, so please let's hurry to the cafe."

She smiled at Zamir, ignoring the assessing that the Dark Prince was no doubt giving her. Yes, she had to thank him for waking her for her Allen, but she was not going to stand by and watch them fight.

"They serve finger foods in cafes," she replied to the boy, leading them into the quaint little shop and sitting them down at the table. She made sure that Zamir and Toren were not on the same side of the table, and looked towards the Chinese man imploringly before turning towards the store owner with a flurry of her skirt, "I'll order us some sandwiches and tea. Please behave." though the way she looked at Mai I was clear she was asking the man to keep watch over the squabbling couple... or ex couple.. or future?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* July 18th 2009, 5:44 am

Mai's words puzzled Zamir. How could one forget pain? Pain was a part of life itself. Surely he had come across it, even in the dream world... right?

He thought about it for a bit.

Sure, in your dreams, you could feel some pain -Acelin had proved that to him during Zamir's enslavement period just before (or was it after?) he became Sandking himself. But... did that even come close to comparing to real, physical pain?

He thought about the first time Acelin had ...erm... attacked him. That had been excruciating. In the Dream World... it hadn't been anywhere close to as bad.

Now... if it had been many, many years since he had last felt true pain... would he be as whiny as Toren was right now?

...It seemed likely.

Guilt assaulted him, and Zamir heaved a heavy sigh. He was being completely unfair. Did he really have a reason to be so mean toward Toren? Sure, the guy had thrown him over a cliff, but who knew how long ago that had taken place? It may have even been the man's way of testing him somehow. Zamir wouldn't know. Maybe -in the guy's own, perverted way- he'd been trying to get along with him?

...Okay, that sounded completely off-the-wall, but it was a possibility. Just not a very probable one.

His blue eyes slid over to Toren, who looked amazingly fragile in Mai's arms. Zamir bit his lip for a moment, then spoke. "I... um...." He paused, uncertain how to talk to the man. "I'm sorry I made your chest hurt. And... I'm sorry for being so rude and unkind. I should be more sympathetic... but I suppose I take the lack thereof from Acelin." He smirked -a very unhappy expression- and closed his eyes. "I'll try and get along with you better... okay, Brat Prince?," he offered, the insulting nickname actually taking on a bit of an affectionate note in his voice.

He paused, his eyes flicking away. "But there is one thing that I just gotta know, if you don't mind answering me." He paused, his eyes moving back to the black-haired male in Mai's arms. "Why did you throw me off a cliff in the Dream World? That's all that I remember about you. Did I do something to provoke you?"
*~MoE~*
*~MoE~*

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin July 18th 2009, 6:47 am

Toren at down at the small table, black eyes flitting around the warmly colored room before falling on a small child and her mother sitting near them. He grinned at the red haired girl, eyes widening slightly even as the girl's own did as well, and she practically tumbled out of her chair much to her mother's shock.

Toren cackled, "So it seems another-"

"The bogeyman!" The child shouted, running around Mai and towards Toren only to crash into his side where he was sitting, "Mutter! Mutter! I told you it's the bogeyman!" Her round freckled face was flushed almost as brightly as her curly hair as she tugged at the dark haired man's sleeve.

The girl's mother hastily made her way towards the little girl, an embarrassed look on her face as she lifted the young child away. "Alice, behave yourself!" she cried, and looking towards Toren, apologized profusely, "Please forgive my daughter, she's very imaginative... Alice, shush now!"

"It's not a problem!" Mai replied quickly, seeing the look on Toren's face as he stared at the girl, and she stared back, "She's just a child after all. There's no bother."

"No bother at all. She is but a Princess." Toren added in dark amusement, though the meaning was not picked up by the woman, who just blushed at the compliment directed towards her daughter.

The woman quickly thanked the two men, smiling shyly at Zamir, and made her way out of the cafe, the girl in her arms, not catching the soft farewell Toren bid the child and that the child bid back.

"Sweet Dreams, Alice."

"Byebye..."

Mai blinked in confusion, and turned to Toren, ready to ask the man just what he had meant, but he was interrupted by the soft smile on the man's face. He'd never seen Toren looking like that.

"Little Allen and Zamir are not the only Princesses, but it is not our place to interfere in her story. She will find her Prince at her own time." He glanced at Zamir, and smirked, "As for your question," he leaned forward, touching Zamir's face with a slender hand and sighing at how it felt to finally touch. "I wanted to play with Zamir...and Zamir is very provoking."

Just as he leaned further, a tray was set down on the table with a confident clunk, and Toren sat back to grin up at Ashley.

"It seems like you're good with children...Toren?" she said, smiling at the dark haired man and briefly glancing at Zamir to make sure the boy hadn't been bothered by the former Sandking's actions that she had prevented. "I bought some tea for everyone, and the sandwiches will be brought to us shortly. Be careful, it's hot."

Toren stared at the steaming cup placed before him, and glanced up at Zamir before picking up the up and looking at its contents.

"This time there is something in this cup" he cackled quietly.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* July 18th 2009, 7:32 am

Zamir was shocked to the very core of his being by the sight of the former King of Nightmares being so kind and tender toward a child. The action had just seemed so very... sweet.

Did this boogeyman actually have a gentle side to him?

When the embarrassed woman smiled at him, Zamir smiled warmly back, amused by the child. The smile abruptly vanished when Toren associated his name with 'princess.' Offended, he opened his mouth to retort, but Toren's sudden change in subject saved him from Zamir's angry retort.

As a matter of fact, all thoughts that had been brewing like a dark thunderstorm in Zamir's mind fled at the cool touch of Toren's fingers.

But the other man's words baffled him. "You wanted... to play?," he asked as his eyes widened, then they narrowed. "Why do I get the feeling that you mean that in a perverted sort of play rather than real play?"

When the track clacked down in front of them and Toren pulled back, Zamir's cheek felt... somehow branded by that cold touch. He pushed that thought out of his mind, his eyes moving up to the woman beside him. His eyes lit up, and he wrapped his arms around her once the tray was out of her hands. "Ashley~!," he exclaimed in happy affection, burying his face against her side. "Thank you!," he added quickly, standing. He made a sweeping motion with his arm, inviting her to sit next to him as he picked up a tea cup.

When Toren spoke again, confusion flickered over Zamir's face. He peered at him, frowning. "This time...?," he asked, uncertain.
*~MoE~*
*~MoE~*

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin July 18th 2009, 8:05 am

The blond woman let out a laugh when Zamir's arms wrapped around her middle, burying his face in the starched fabric of her dress, and she placed a small hand atop the boy's head. As she was invited to sit, she only blushed, still laughing as she arranged her skirt took her seat.

At Zamir's last question, the smirk faded from Toren's face, replaced by a shuttered look of discomfort, and then a twisted grin. So it was true then. Zamir had forgotten all of their encounters save for when he had pushed him off the snowy cliff. That thought brought him no amusement but a breathless feeling in his chest that felt not at all pleasant.

His hands tightened around the teacup, and he grinned angrily into the contents.

"I hope you all like Panini," Ashley commented into the silence, brushing a strand of hair from her face and tucking it into the twist she had fashioned. "They are warm, toasted sandwiches, so hopefully that will drive away the chill everyone is feeling."

Mai nodded in her direction, smiling in the woman's direction even as he kept an eye on the curious man beside him. "Thank you, Ms. Ashley. It seems I am now remembering what it feels like to be hungry. Toren..." he warned.

But before he could stop his Prince, Toren tipped the steaming liquid against his lips.

"Wait!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* July 18th 2009, 8:24 am

Zamir slowly put his cup back down on the table as he watched the strange expressions move over Toren's face. He didn't understand.... Had he said something that had upset him...?

Instead of sitting down immediately, he stood there, peering at the dark-haired male. If Zamir had to guess... he would say that the look was almost one of pain. Frowning, he stepped a bit closer to the other man, something like worry forming in his stomach.

The expression changed to look more like anger, and Zamir felt his heart do a small flip.

"Hey, Toren, I didn't mean to-"

Ashley's interruption covered up his soft words, and he didn't think that anyone at all had heard him. Had he offended Toren in some way? What foolish thing had he done now?

When Toren picked up the cup and started to put it to his lips without blowing on it, Zamir's eyes widened. "Toren-!!," he exclaimed at the same time that Mai began his own warning.

Alas, it was too late. The liquid had touched Toren's lips.

Without another thought, Zamir snatched the cup out of Toren's hands, completely unaware of the hot liquid that spilled over his own hand as he sat it down roughly on the table. Quickly, knowing that Toren would certainly be in a ton of pain when it hit, he dashed over to the counter and asked for a small cup of ice. The man gave it to him, looking puzzled as Zamir dashed away. Zamir, however, didn't even notice.

He zoomed back to Toren, frantic. "Ssssshhh," he cooed gently, knowing that, if a few pokes to the chest were painful, then this was most likely agonizing. "Shhhh!" He took out an ice cube and pressed it against Toren's lips, then he gently opened his mouth and shoved the ice inside. "Shhhh.... This is going to help the burn.... Don't flip out, don't.... You're okay," he whispered soothingly, feeling somewhat panicky. "You're okay, I promise...."
*~MoE~*
*~MoE~*

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin July 18th 2009, 9:05 am

Before Toren knew what was happening, the most horrible feeling assaulted his mouth, and he shouted out, almost dropping the cup. He was too lost in the pain, eyes gone glassy, that he didn't even notice the cup being taken from his hands or when Mai quickly pressed a cloth to his chin as he spit out the hot tea.

"Oh my god!" Ashley cried bolted up from her chair, moving the cups away from the now shaking Toren.

This time the burning in the back of Toren's eyes and face won completely, and soon tears were streaming down the man's frozen face. It wasn't until Zamir was pressing the ice against his mouth that he finally gave out a pained squawk, shaking uncontrollably as his hands moved to clutch at the boy's arms.

If not for how worried she suddenly was for the former sandking, she would have found the sight of a grown man crying while two other crowded around him worriedly amusing, but from the look on their faces, she knew there was nothing funny about this.

"W-will he be alright?" she demanded, barely noticing when one of the storekeepers brought them their sandwiches. "He'll be alright, won't he?"

"A-ah... hurts!" Toren cried. His voice once again sounded strained, and he hiccupped, moving his hand to cover his mouth as if that would make the burning pain disappear. "Take it away! Horrible thing!"

Mai himself was panicking, one hand at his Alchemy book while the other pulled Toren's hand away from his mouth to make it easier for Zamir to shove ice cubes past the man's lips.

"Calm down, Toren!" he pleaded frantically.

It took several minutes to get Toren to calm down, and it left the man sniffling and nursing at his mouth with more ice cubes that Ashley had brought this time. He had not let go of Zamir, one hand still grasping the boy's sleeve even as kept sucking on ice and pressed another to his lips, making them a swollen red.

"You're burnt too." Mai said softly, pressing a small makeshift ice pack made from a handkerchief against Zamir's hand.

"Is this why you do not like tea?" Toren croaked at Zamir, the question sounding more like a grumbled complaint.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* July 19th 2009, 2:57 am

Zamir continued to make soothing noises to Toren. He didn't mind too much that the dark-haired male had captured his arm. Not at the moment. He was too busy mothering him to care.

He kept his captive arm still as the other clung to it, his hand resting on the other's shoulder. He hardly noticed his own burn, but the make-shift ice pack that Mai pressed against him felt rather pleasant. Zamir glanced up at the red-eyed man and smiled a bit. "Oh, right. Thanks."

Making sure to keep the arm that Toren had still, he used his free hand in several different ways. Sometimes he would rub Toren's arm up and down, cooing and soothing him as best he could. Other times he would stroke the silky dark hair, managing to keep the strands in place and neat as he did so, or simply rubbed the other's back.

Occasionally, he would reach up and brush away the tears that fell out of Toren's pain-filled eyes, his touch as gentle as he could make it.

At the question, Zamir smiled somewhat, his eyebrows wrinkling with worry. "I'm not sure how you knew that I didn't like tea... but... no. Most people blow on their tea when they go to drink it, if they have it hot. I just don't care for the taste of any tea in general, but it's better than nothing."

He lightly brushed his fingers over Toren's cheek, smiling gently at him from mere centimeters away. Toren's hold on his arm kept him closer than he normally would have liked, but he didn't want to cause him further distress by putting more space between them. Besides, what harm could it do? It seemed to be helping him -at least a little- to have the physical contact.

Perhaps, maybe... -Zamir thought begrudgingly- deep... deep down, it comforted him just a little, tiny, tiny bit to be able to see for himself that the man was okay.

"Is the pain beginning to dull...?," he asked gently.
*~MoE~*
*~MoE~*

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin July 19th 2009, 4:11 am

Once Zamir had Toren calmed down, Mai gave a relieved sigh, sitting beside Ashley with a tired expression in his almond shaped eyes. Even after seeing how close Toren had kept Zamir in the Dreamworld, he wouldn't have expected them to be so... well close. Especially since Zamir seemed to have developed a few antagonistic feelings towards the former Sandking.

Toren himself couldn't help but to be amazed by the soft soothing touches that Zamir was delivering, and it only made him lean closer to the boy. To be on the receiving end of such actions this time, and actually able to feel... It was, of course, better than any mere dream he had created for himself or another.

At Zamir's answer to his question, he only grinned that terrible, familiar grin that felt so out of place on his face without his black ear splitting lips. He gave out a mad little giggle, "Yes, that is what you said the first time. No coffee or tea... I think I dislike it as well."

And with no further thought or warning, he raised his hand from Zamir's arms to bury itself into the boy's long black hair while the other stopped to rest over Zamir's heart. He pressed his lips against the other's, black eyes gazing into surprised blue as he chuckled softly.

"My, my, little rabbit. What a treat has fallen into open arms but a precious princess."

"Oh my! They look so cute together!" Ashley giggled quietly behind a slender hand, glancing slyly at Mai. She smiled at the awkward look on his face and set one of the teacups in front of him, pointedly ignoring what was happening right before their eyes. "I don't think they'll mind if we begin or own tea and Panini, do you?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* July 19th 2009, 5:16 am

Zamir's heart went into hyper-drive as Toren's hand touched his chest. It was an odd sensation -almost as if his heart wanted to slam so hard into his muscle and bone that it would tear it asunder, if for no other reason than to burst from his flesh and nestle against that pale, slender palm.

Confusion flickered over Zamir's face as Toren began to lean closer. What was he...?

Then blue eyes widened with realization as they met black, and then Toren's lips pressed against his own. It was a gentle and surprisingly sweet kiss.

Shock billowed down Zamir's spine, and he sat in frozen bewilderment as Toren pretty much called him a Rabbit Princess.

But then, something in his mind... shifted. He felt it lean forward, as if it were swimming to the surface of his mind. Then Zamir's focus on Toren's face became soft. Those dark eyes remained, but the rest of his face -as well as the café- melted away into darkness.

Slowly, Toren's face re-shaped, but he was entirely different, somehow. Those eyes were wide, wild, and bright with a slowly consuming madness. The skin of Toren's face was mismatched and pasty pale. He was a creepy sight, to say the least. His lips became as black as his eyes as the black-haired boy watched.

Zamir was suddenly on his back in some cabin that looked eerily similar to the one he had been held captive in for his childhood. Toren was straddling Zamir's hips with his hands braced against his chest.

But that wasn't the part that sent terror running down Zamir's spine. It was the smile that spread across those horrible black lips. It kept growing and growing until it looked as if it would spit his face in half. It stretched from ear-to-ear on the man, his teeth glinting dangerously in the dim light.

That, and the odd layers of voices that piled on top of Toren's own voice as he spoke.

"I like little rabbits when they're afraid," he complained. His hand went to where Zamir's heart would be were he in the land of the awake, and his voice once again became normal, coming from only his lips. It was a deep resonating sound, sultry and almost primitive. "I like the way their hearts beat so loudly in terror, the adrenaline that pumps through their veins, the way they breathe so loudly and scream. It's almost as delicious as when I finally eat them."

Zamir's eyes snapped closed as he willed away the horrifying image. He recoiled instinctively from the hold on him, a small sound of fear escaping him. He sucked in a shuddering breath to scream, but just as the sound went to escape him, he bit his tongue to shut himself up.

What would screaming do to help? Not a damn thing. He struggled, his breath coming in panicked little gasps. He felt paralyzed with some overwhelming feeling that he couldn't place- the name for it was lost amongst the hazy blur of his own, broken thoughts.
*~MoE~*
*~MoE~*

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin July 19th 2009, 7:38 am

Toren knew the moment Zamir's memories shifted. He could feel it, like the Nothing washing over him, or as if Zamir himself was drinking it all through their pressed together lips. It surrounded them, closing off his own mind from anything except Zamir. And the glazed over look in the boy's eyes, glazed like someone Wake-Dreaming, or as the people here called it, daydreaming...

He pulled back only slightly so that instead of their lips, their foreheads were pressed together, and he stared into Zamir's eyes with an eager grimace.

And there they were, in that cabin where he had first started seducing the long haired sandman, never knowing that in the end, he would lose his crown to become a Prince. It had all been because he liked this particular rabbit, when Zamir's heart skipped and fluttered in his chest when his King touched him with his harsh skeletal fingers.

The dark eyed man gasped in some unknown morbid emotion as he felt the boy's terror and revulsion, gasped because of how his own heart seemed to clench painfully in his own chest.

"You're afraid of me?" he whispered when Zamir pulled away, eyes seeming to shimmer with a color or shade darker than their original black. Lips pulled back, and he let go of Zamir, fingers lifting to touch at his own cheeks as if to check if his smile still reached their previously deformity.

"Afraid of the King of Dreams... because the king gives nightmares of Nothing, or because you little rabbit, would have let me drag you down into Nothing with me until I became Nothing... Look at your King!"

"That's enough, Toren!" Mai hissed, pulling Toren away from the shaking Zamir. He held the cackling man firmly as Ashley rushed to Zamir, a grimace on his own face. "You are not Sandking anymore!" He glared into that face he was devoted to, feeling helpless as it twisted into a manic leer.

"Stop this, or you will never see Snow White again." The Chinese man ground out hoping that this time Toren would understand, startling Ashley and only shaking his head when she motioned inquisitively at the boy she held in her arms.

"You cannot stop me, my knight." Toren crooned, lifting a hand to caress the man's face. His grin widened seeing Mai flinch.

"Do not make me."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* July 19th 2009, 8:16 am

Zamir's hair fell into his face, hiding his expression. A small smile slipped onto his lips, and he stilled in Ashley's arms. He chuckled softly, his lips slowly pulling back into more of a snarl than a smile.

It was an eerie combination with the dark chuckle that continued to pour out of him. He lifted his head slightly -just enough for his eyes to shine out from the dark shadow and snap into place on Toren. The Seven could be heard behind his voice as he spoke, as if all eight were speaking together.

"You are not the only King of Dreams to give nightmares of Nothingness. As a matter of fact, it was neither of those reasons as to why I fear you."

His body went rigid against Ashley, all signs of his fear retreating into his mind, where they tormented him alone. He wouldn't have her worrying about him more.

"I fear you because you do not see me as I am. You see me as your prey. You're the majestic, beautiful hawk that is circling the sky, its sharp eyes locked on its prey. This rabbit can feel your hunger, and is afraid, but will not run, because this rabbit knows that the Hawk will be able to find It no matter where It runs, where It hides, or who else that It may have around It. The Hawk will catch It when he pleases, and It will be able to do little more than hope that It makes the Hawk sick when It is digested and dead."

Zamir closed his eyes, forcing himself to be calm. He felt his mind center itself, and he wrapped one arm around the motherly figure near him. He was happy to have her comfort there, where he could face the Hawk... as well as the cowardly Rabbit.

"Will we get our sandwiches soon? I'm starved," Zamir said dully, no real emotion in his voice.
*~MoE~*
*~MoE~*

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin July 20th 2009, 12:49 am

Two weeks had passed already, and still Allen was confined to his hospital bed, again. He was becoming restless by now, feeling the unease of nothing happening after that encounter with Zamir's father. That and the fact that he couldn't walk and was not allowed to go anywhere in the hospital without company put a semi-permanent frown on his face.

He was damned bored.

He gave a long-suffering sigh, slumping further into the uncomfortable bed, and when the door to his room practically slammed open he glanced up uninterestedly, expecting a nurse, or Kalyan. The dark haired man standing at the doorway was not who he had expected however, and he sat up.

"T-Toren?"he tried, confusion evident in his voice made even more evident when Toren rushed over to him and placed a finger to his lips. He didn't shudder anymore at that strange smile that the man directed towards, more interested in why his former Sandking was crouching behind his bed.

"What are you doing?" this time he whispered, coking an eyebrow at the dark haired man.

Toren giggled in that strange way he always did. "I am hiding from Mai," he informed the blond, a wicked smile on his face, "He is trying to take away the sweets your mutter gave to me. Such a cruel knight... Does little Allen want one? Where is your Kalyan?"

Golden eyes watched in incredulous amusement as this man that he had feared in his dreams rifled in his coat pocket and pulled out a peppermint. He gave a little snort of a laugh, declining the candy, "No thanks... I can ask mutter for some later...Umm he went home for a bit."

Ever since that first time Toren had eaten, the man had become a total glutton, much to Ashley's amusement and she had started giving him treats as if he were a child. Granted, the man seriously acted like one. It was almost unnerving to watch for those who had known him as the Sandking.

Toren hummed thoughtfully, placing the red and white candy delicately into his lips and staring up at Allen with those dark eyes. Suddenly he gasped, making the blond jump.

"What is it?"

"Mai is coming..." Toren answered, that wicked look intensifying, "I can feel him... Oh dear. He is going to find me... Allen! Play with me!"

Allen almost choked on his own spit, "What!?" he hissed, "I can't even walk! How am I going to play?" but then his eyes lit up as they landed on the wheelchair at the corner of the room. Kalyan had brought it for him so that he wouldn't be completely bedridden throughout his stay at the hospital.

"Bring that wheelchair over here and help me get in!" he finally whispered, earning him a manic grin from his now accomplice, "I know where we can go!"

Toren cackled, "As you wish, Princess."

"Oh, shut up with that! Just help me into that thing!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  *~MoE~* July 20th 2009, 2:09 am

"This is a ... a what?," the young, frail-looking girl on the hospital bed asked, holding up the stuffed animal that Zamir had just handed her.

Zamir grinned at her over the donated toy, his hand landing to playfully rub her bald head. "It's a unicorn, Alaya. A magical horse with a horn on its head. It's said that one that's all white -like this one here- brings happiness to those who touch its white fur."

The little girl's eyes lit up like a Christmas light that had just been plugged in. "Really?," she asked hopefully, her hand running down the impressive mane that covered the back of its majestic neck. "It's pretty...."

She stared at the little creature for another moment, then she clutched it tightly to her chest and nuzzled it. "I love her!! I'll name her Natalie!"

Her happiness bubbled up into her voice, and Zamir couldn't help but smile. She seemed so precious and innocent.... It made Zamir sick to think about the Leukemia eating away at her. It must be so terrible, but Alaya was never anything less than a bundle of smiles and pretty laughter.

As a matter of fact, that was how all of the children in this wing of the hospital was. They were happy for each day that they had. Sure, they -like everyone else- had off days where their pain was more conspicuous, but even then, they usually kept a good attitude about them. Well, at least, that was what Ashley had told him. He had only met these children recently, so he had no idea about how they always were.

Zamir held each one of the kids to be precious, despite the fact that he had known them for so little a time. He was still learning their names, and he tried to give them reasons to laugh or smile. He even sang to them when he thought there were no adults around. They liked that rather well, Zamir thought. Especially the silly songs when he danced around and made funny faces at each of them in turn.

"I'm going to run out for a moment and get some more toys for you guys, okay?," Zamir said, smiling. "Be back soon!"

He hurried out of there, eager to return.

~~~~~

Kalyan had taken all of an hour to set up two bedrooms for Toren and Zamir. The majority of the work had been done in parts spread over the last two weeks. Now all he'd had left to do was put in fan in Zamir's room -just for comfort's sake- and a heater in Toren's -since he didn't much like the cold.

He took another few minutes to unlock Allen's bedroom door, open the windows to air it out, and do any last-minute tidying up before the boy was allowed to return home. Which -hopefully- wouldn't be too far away. Kalyan was as sick of him being stuck in the hospital bed as Allen himself was.

With this part completed, the red-haired man locked the front door and headed to his last stop for the day. He had waited two weeks -to be safe- before seeing to this important task, wanting to be sure that Acelin wouldn't be attacking them for a while or, at least until his injuries were healed. When that was pretty much confirmed, Kalyan decided to go through with it.

He slipped quietly through the doors and proceeded to stalk silently down the hall, following the sound of playful bickering coming from the backstage area of the building. He managed to sneak up on all that were inside, and he put on a mask of somber exhaustion as he leaned against the door frame.

He observed in hidden amusement as the couple bickering back and forth, completely oblivious to his presence. He cleared his throat softly. "Aldrik? Josephine? I've got some new for you guys."

He paused a long moment, making sure he had their attention and gave an affective moment of dramatic silence before he let the mask rip apart, and a merry grin replace it. "Allen's up!"
*~MoE~*
*~MoE~*

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next